Plans for a beehive feeder. This Miller style feeder has exactly the same dimensions as a Langstroth hive. The Miller beehive feeder has two feeding trays that can be filled with syrup or other suitable bee feed solution. The bees are able to enter into the center crawl space and access both sides. Plenty of feed can be given this way with no disturbance to the bees or the beekeeper as the wire mesh above the crawl space keeps the bees from exiting the hive through the feeder. The bee feeder plans use 3/4″ timber.
Side board is 19-7/8″ x 3-1/2″, End board is 16-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
1) PIECE 1/8″ HARDWARE CLOTH 5″ X 14-1/2″ THAT’S BEEN FOLDED INTO A “V” MAKING IT 2-1/2″ X 14-1/2″ AND PLACE NARROW END DOWN BETWEEN BOARDS A) AND B) ON BOTH SIDES.
BEEHIVE MILLER FEEDER MATERIAL LIST
2) SIDE BOARDS 3/4″ X 3-1/2″ X 19-7/8″
2) END BOARDS 3/4″ X 3-1/2″ X 15-1/2″
2) BOARD “A” 3/4″ X 2-5/8″ X 14-3/4″
2) BOARD “B” 3/4″ X 2-1/2″ X 15-1/2″
2) BOTTOM BOARDS 1/4″ X 9-1/4″ X 15-1/2″ LUAN PLY.
1) PIECE 1/8″ HARDWARE CLOTH 5″ X 16-1/4″
GIVE ENTIRE INSIDE OF FEEDER TWO COATS OF POLYURETHANE OR MARINE VARNISH. POUR MOLTEN WAX ONTO ALL INSIDE SEAMS. ATTACH HARDWARE CLOTH TO TOP OF BOARDS “A” WITH STAPLES.
Thanks to the upload and the designer of this beehive miller type design construction plan.